News

Apartment fire

A cigarette may have been the cause of an early-morning apartment fire on Kingsway at 19th Avenue Saturday that gutted a third-floor suite, according to media reports.

Several people were trapped in their suites before Burnaby fire crews rescued them. Fire crews were called to the three-alarm blaze at the Salish Villa complex at about 1:30 a.m. There were no serious injuries reported.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Security stepped up in B.C. after attacks in Ottawa
 
Man faces impaired driving charge, wife and toddler in car: Burnaby RCMP
 
Finance, environment and growth highlights of mayor’s annual speech
ELECTION 2014: Chance to check out candidates
 
New mayor sworn in at Kent inaugural meeting
 
Lockdown at research station in Agassiz following Ottawa shooting
Scholarship established in honour of Surrey athlete killed in crash
 
Gypsy moth infestation discovered in Cloverdale
 
Richmond Torch celebration attracts record crowd

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 22 edition online now. Browse the archives.