News

Apartment fire

A cigarette may have been the cause of an early-morning apartment fire on Kingsway at 19th Avenue Saturday that gutted a third-floor suite, according to media reports.

Several people were trapped in their suites before Burnaby fire crews rescued them. Fire crews were called to the three-alarm blaze at the Salish Villa complex at about 1:30 a.m. There were no serious injuries reported.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

B.C.-only wines to come to some grocery stores
 
Virk shuffled to new job after Kwantlen flap
 
Province okays transit tax referendum question, with some tweaks
Federal court denies Burnaby appeal
 
Restaurants expected to slowly comply with organics disposal ban
 
“Suspicious” Agassiz house fire under investigation
Second Langley farm hit by avian flu
 
Food scraps to be banned from garbage cans Jan. 1
 
UPDATE: 11th farm hit with Avian flu, outbreak that started in Chilliwack enters U.S.

Community Events, December 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Dec 19 edition online now. Browse the archives.