News

Man succumbs to burns after Vancouver fire

By The Canadian Press

VANCOUVER - A 60-year-old man has died of burns suffered Saturday morning in a blaze at a low-income residence in downtown Vancouver.

The victim suffered second and third degree burns when flames broke out at about 8:30 a.m. in a suite (at 1060 Howe Street.)

No one else was hurt but the blaze caused extensive smoke, water and fire damage to the unit.

The facility was due to be closed later this year.

Fire officials say the man's death is the second fire-related fatality in Vancouver in 2014.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Team credits BCA resources, vote-splitting for election result
 
Stretcher delivers life to critical patients
 
Singing for joy and fellowship
Pitt Meadows residents urge council to keep taxes down
 
Dutch man charged in Amanda Todd case
 
Mediation ‘died’ after last council meeting
Funding to expand Cheam wetlands trail announced
 
Top Stories of 2011: Race for Chilliwack school board draws a crowd
 
Community celebrates life of Lilee-Jean

Community Events, September 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 19 edition online now. Browse the archives.